About us

Home / About us

BOCCADORO SA

Boccadoro SA was founded in 1944 by Fernando Boccadoro, in the years following the Second World War the company set itself  the aim of meeting the growing demand for precision mechanics oriented towards high-yield machine-tools.

The company began by studying rational techniques for processing synthetic and natural stones, and for working rubies and industrial sapphires by means of circular diamond sawblades and diamond wheels.

1944

In that year FB patented a Multiple Head Revolver Drilling machine called TR48.

After showing at the Hannover Exhibition, this clever patent  had been sold  to a German company named Häussler which produced successfully approximately 100 units, called STELLAMATIC.

1947

In that year FB patented a Multiple Head Revolver Drilling machine called TR48.

After showing at the Hannover Exhibition, this clever patent had been sold to a German company named Häussler which produced successfully approximately 100 units, called STELLAMATIC.

1962

Boccadoro moves to a new facility in Locarno and continues growing.

1978

On August 13th the company was flooded after a huge storm and almost the whole factory was covered by approx. 1 meter of mud.

1981-83

Fernando Boccadoro decided to build a new factory and so he moved to Losone in an industrial area.

The company becomes SA (joint stock  company)

2000

F.Boccadoro SA started working with several famous universities as La Sapienza in Rome and particularly  Imperial College London from which a successful collaboration with Dr.Lamperth for the development of High-output axial flux motors, for a large variety of drive applications or power generators                 (elevators,cars, electric bicycles, fans, wind turbines)

2017

Starting working  to realize E-formula motors with our axial flux technology that is 5 times powerfull then traditional motors. Our stator is an alternative solution clean and respectfull of the enviroment of our planet.